Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very simple and easy pizza recipe. It was a recipe my mother used when she was a "new" cook. She has passed it on to me...it is easy and for a new cook, a confidence booster when it actually comes out looking and tasting good.
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Mix Bisquick and water until soft dough forms.
- Pat in pan with floured hands.
- Cook and stir beef, onion, bouillon granules, and garlic until beef is browned.
- Mix tomato sauce and oregano together, spread evenly over dough.
- Top with beef mixture, mushrooms, green pepper, and cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
I switched the ground beef for ground itallian sausage and left out the mushrooms (cuz hubby wont eat them). Added some pepperoni too. Used almost a cup of water to get the Bisquick into a well blended dough. Took about 25 minutes in my oven. Super easy ans so many ways to tweak it to different tastes. Thanks for posting!
this was waaaaay easier than dealing with flour, yeast etc...... i hooked up one pizza with Hormel pepperoni and the other one with pizza mix cheese with some alfredo cheese on top. both crusts came out fluffy. I would recommend more than 20 minutes, a little more water with the Bisquik. ENJOY!!!