Recipe by Doozie
A very simple and easy pizza recipe. It was a recipe my mother used when she was a "new" cook. She has passed it on to me...it is easy and for a new cook, a confidence booster when it actually comes out looking and tasting good.
Top Review by raesunk76
I switched the ground beef for ground itallian sausage and left out the mushrooms (cuz hubby wont eat them). Added some pepperoni too. Used almost a cup of water to get the Bisquick into a well blended dough. Took about 25 minutes in my oven. Super easy ans so many ways to tweak it to different tastes. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (canned)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Mix Bisquick and water until soft dough forms.
- Pat in pan with floured hands.
- Cook and stir beef, onion, bouillon granules, and garlic until beef is browned.
- Mix tomato sauce and oregano together, spread evenly over dough.
- Top with beef mixture, mushrooms, green pepper, and cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.