1/1 Photo of Easy Pink Applesauce
2 hrs 15 mins
The liqueur gives this sauce a fruity flavor as well as its luscious pink color. Try it as a non-fat option for a cake topping as well as a side dish, or even breakfast or dessert! From Ellen Brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and slice apples. (Since the peel is the healthiest part I said to myself you're the boss, applesauce, and went ahead and left on the peel but for texture/presentation like store-bought applesauce you may want to peel your apples.).
- 2Place apples in your crockpot and pour the Crème de cassis over them.
- 3Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until apples are very tender. Your home will smell WONDERFUL during this time.
- 4For a chunkier sauce (my recommendation), mash apples with a potato masher. You can do this right in the hot crockpot. For a smooth sauce like store-bought versions, puree mixture in a food processor or blender.
- 5Chill, tightly covered, until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pink Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis