Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
After researching many pineapple casserole recipes on this site, I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I created this one with inspiration from a somewhat similar recipe. I've made it twice now, and am happy with the current results.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package kielbasa, sliced into 1/2-inch coins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven safe 9x11x2" baking dish pour undrained pineapple and 1 cup of water. Add uncooked rice, onion, bell pepper and 1 tblsp of the brown sugar. Stir thoroughly. Top with kielbasa coins and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 60 minutes.
- Note: Cooking time may depend on the brand of long grained white rice you use. Check after 45 minutes. I do not recommend Minute Rice.