This crust you can make with you mixer and it is very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the 4 1/2 cups flour, salt, and sugar for 1 minute.
- 2Add the butter and mix just until it's a crumbly, sandy mixture.
- 3The pieces of butter should still be visible.
- 4In a small bowl, stir the water and vinegar together.
- 5With the mixer running at medium speed, drizzle in the water-vinegar mixture and mix just until a dough forms.
- 6Again, the bits of butter should be visible.
- 7Turn the dough out onto a work surface, divide the dough in half, and shape it into 2 round, flat disks.
- 8Dust a work surface with just a few tablespoons of flour and keep some extra flour at hand.
- 9Sprinkle a little flour on top of the dough and start rolling outward from the center with quick, light strokes.
- 10Don't worry if the edges split a bit; concentrate on getting a good circle going from the center.
- 11If it gets sticky, sprinkle on a bit more flour, but don't do this more than 2 or 3 times; the dough will absorb too much flour.
- 12Instead, put it back in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm the butter up.
- 13Keep rolling until the circle is at least 2 inches larger than the pan.
- 14If the dough tears a bit, don't be concerned; it's easily repaired.
- 15Using scissors or a sharp knife, trim the dough to within 3/4-inch of the rim.
- 16Use any extra scraps to patch the crust, pressing with your fingers (wet them if necessary) or set aside.
- 17Leave the edges of the bottom crust hanging over the rim.
- 18Roll out the second piece of dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- 19Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- 20Roll the dough up onto the rolling pin, then unroll it onto the sheet pan.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1050 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2260.6
- Calories from Fat 1266
- Total Fat 140.7 g
- Saturated Fat 87.8 g
- Cholesterol 365.7 mg
- Sodium 2352.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 218.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g