Easy Pie Crust
It's just too easy to make a pie crust! This pie crust is so flaky and full of flavor that you will never buy another pie crust!!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 ounces cold water
- Put water, butter and crisco in freezer while preparing flour.
- Sift flour, sugar, and salt together.
- Cut cold butter and crisco into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Add cold lemon juice and water. Mix just until moist crumbs form.
- Turn dough out onto floured counter top.
- Divide dough into 2 parts.
- Wrap in plastic wrip and put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Roll pie dough out and use as pie recipe directs.
- Enjoy a flaky, great tasting pie crust!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I have always made Tenderflake's "Never Fail Pie Crust" the way my mom taught me - today I learned a real keeper! This is an excellent crust with alot of flavor and tenderness. I made it for PAC spring 2009 with EliteTwig's Recipe #353174 and will make it again and again. I think this would be an excellent pie for "Rollie Pollies" the way my mom made them - or for any fruit pie. Nice that it is set for a single 2 crust pie! Thanks for a great recipe. I'll post photos later.