All-Purpose Easy Shortening Pie Dough
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the shortening until the mixture is crumbly, with a few pea-sized pieces of shortening.
- Sprinkle in the water and mix with a fork, adding just enough until the mixture is moistened and begins to clump together.
- Gather up the dough and form into a flat disk.
- You can use this dough immediately or proceed to the next step.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for atleast 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- If chilled until hard, let the dough stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften slightly before rolling.
- ********Double-CrustShortening Pie Dough*********.
- Use all-purpose flour, salt, vegetable shortening and ice-cold water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.