1/5 Photos of Easy Phyllo Pastry Tarts with Hot Pepper Jelly
* Pamela *'s Note:
I made these for an appetizer evening and they were a big hit. The shells can be made ahead of time and frozen which is great for cutting your prep time on the big day. This looks especially festive at Christmas with green and red pepper jelly. If you make your own jelly, you can serve these at a Bridal shower in the bride's colors ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take 2 sheets of pastry and cover the rest with a damp cloth to keep from drying out.
- 2Brush a thin layer of butter on one sheet and stack the other sheet on top.
- 3Cut the stacked sheet in half.
- 4(A pizza cutter works great for this) Brush one rectangle with butter and place the other one on top.
- 5You will then have a 7 x 11 pastry sheet with four layers.
- 6Cut that into 12 equal squares.
- 7Press each square into a greased mini muffin tin.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- 9Repeat with remaining sheets, remembering to keep unused sheets covered.
- 10Shells may be frozen at this point or filled and ready to serve.
- 11To fill: Place 1/2- 1 teaspoon of cream cheese in the center of each tart.
- 12Top with 1/2 to 1 tsp of jelly.
- 13May be served as is or baked for 10 minutes and served warm.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Phyllo Pastry Tarts with Hot Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.6
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 38.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: