1/2 Photos of Easy Peeling Boiled Eggs
Chef Dee's Note:
Easy to peel is number one when you are boiling eggs. When I was in catering, we boiled about 5000 eggs a year, maybe more. This was our method, and one I use at home today. I have scaled it down for your home kitchen.
My Private Note
- 1Place eggs in pot, cover with enough water to rise 2" above the eggs.
- 2Place over high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- 3Turn to med high heat, hot enough that the water is still boiling.
- 4Set the timer for 8 min's.
- 5Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- 6With the eggs still in the pot, cover with cold water,then add the ice.
- 7Let stand for 5 min's before peeling.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peeling Boiled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (1248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.5
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g