Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Reynolds Wrap cookbook, I changed the name because I think it sounds more fun :)
Make and share this Easy Peazy Lemon Squeezy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
- Combine the first three ingredients in a large bowl on low speed of an electric mixer until mixture is crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly into parchment-lined pan. This is your crust.
- Bake crust 20 minutes or until light brown; remove from oven.
- Beat together the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended; pour mixture evenly over warm baked crust.
- Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is set and bars are brown around the edges.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use edges of parchment lining to lift bars from pan.
- Place on a cutting board. Pull back edges of parchment for easy cutting; sprinkle with additional powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
Made these with limes from our tree and they are oh so good! I followed Boomette and used 1/2 cup sugar in the curd, and it was just right for us. I made a half recipe in a brownie pan, but next time I will use a loaf pan, so they won't be so thin. Delicious!
I made half the recipe and for me there is enough filling. Don't need to double it for me ;) For half recipe I needed 3/4 cup sugar but I used only 1/2 cup. It was perfect. And I used the zest of one lemon. I made the crust in the food processor like DIner suggested. Thanks Sarahbeth :) Made for Potluck tag
This is LEMONY FUDGY heaven! I took Diner's advice and used my food processor to make the crust; confectioners' sugar still flew out of its top -- even while I was holding it down! Still, I think it was much more controlled using the food processor. I think these are perfectly balanced for crust/filling. This is going into my Best of 2010 Cookbook. Thanks, SarahBeth, for a new favorite! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.