This is a simple and fun to make Chinese dish, and tastes absolutely delicious.There are quite a few ingredients but they are so easy to throw together and you can get them all from your local supermarket. I love impressing my friends by making my own Chinese food. This recipe is based on a recipe by Ken Hom but I have modified it a little.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 ml cooked long-grain rice (enough to fill a measuring jug up to 400ml level)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ground nut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 50 g water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
- 50 g frozen peas (thawed and drained)
- 50 g chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Prepare your ingredients by slicing the water chestnuts, chopping the spring onions and ham. Then arrange your ingredients on a plate or in bowls ready. This makes it easier when coming to the actual stir frying section as you can just grab your ingredients.
- 2Beat the eggs together with the sesame oil and set aside.
- 3Place your wok over a high heat and add the groundnut oil. Heat until very hot (almost smoking).
- 4Add the cooked rice and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in the ham, peas, salt, pepper and soy sauce.Then stir fry for another minute or two.
- 6Add the beaten egg and sesame oil mix and stir through. Keep moving and stir fry for 1 minute. This should at first go kind of shiny and gloopy looking at this stage, then the eggs start to cook and distribute throughout the rice.
- 7Add the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and spring onions. Stir fry for a further 2 minutes then serve with your favorite Chinese dish -- or on it's own! Delicious!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Peasy Ham and Egg Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.4
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 1326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: