Recipe by Crocheting Mama
Posted for ZWT3. I tried this before posting it and it is so easy and so delicious. A classic French dessert and usually much more difficult to make - and the good news is, you don't have to wait for this to chill. I had some immediately after mixing and it was so good! You could also substitute any flavor pudding mix you wanted.
Top Review by PaulaG
I have made this several times and every time it is a real treat. I do use sugar free pudding mix and skim milk. This was topped off with chocolate curls and fresh strawberries for a wonderful Valentine dessert.
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope Dream Whip topping mix (a powder mix, not Cool Whip)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cold milk, divided (2%, 1% or skim recommended)
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 1/2 cup milk, vanilla, and Dream Whip powder on slow speed just until blended. Then, blend on high speed for 4 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
- In a separate bowl, pour remaining 1 1/2 cups milk and then add pudding mix.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes (I beat on low speed about 1-2 minutes).
- Stir in Dream Whip mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can garnish with whipped cream or mint.