Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple recipe that I created. May be scaled up or down according to your needs.
Make and share this Easy Peas and Cheese Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (1 lb) packages frozen peas
- 2 (8 ounce) packages , assorted cheese crumbles or 2 (8 ounce) packagesshredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Put peas into colander and run hot tap water on them for two to three minutes, until peas are cold but not frozen.
- Strain all water from peas and place into large mixing bowl.
- Add cheese and mayo.
- Mix well and serve.
- May garnish with a sliced hard boiled egg. May add black pepper and/or to suit your taste.
This was so cheesefully delightful! I also reduced the amounts. I used 1 bag of peas and half a block of cheese and half a cup of mayonnaise. It was so good as it was! Definetely a must keep. Most likely will increase this the next time I go to a potluck party as I had only made this for my family.
You just can't go wrong with a simple recipe like this. I reduced the amounts a lot and did not even measure, just eyeballed the ingredients. I made just enough for one person and really enjoyed it. Just garnished with a little salt and freshly ground pepper and it was ready in a jiffy. Thanks dogsandwoods! Prepared for My-3-Chefs event.