Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is like a soul food. Very easy to make without the hassles of spending hours in the kitchen after a long day at work.
- 250 g beef mince or 250 g mutton mince
- 10 tablespoons pasta sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 beef stock cube
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- pasta, of your choice
- cheese, of your choice
- In one pan heat the oil and add the onion. saute till golden brown.
- Add the mince and brown it. if there is too much of water keep open and cook till water evaporates.
- add the pasta sauce and beef stock.
- keep cooking and add 1/2 cup warm water if the sauce starts getting dry.
- keep cooking till a little oil starts coming out of the sauce.
- In a second pan melt the butter without burning.
- Add the Flour and mix.
- Add the milk and keep stirring so no lumps form.
- keep stirring till the sauce thickens.
- cook the pasta as per the packet instructions.
- Mix the meat sauce and pasta well.
- Put this mixture in a baking dish and top up with the white sauce.
- cover with cheese of your choice and bake in the oven till cheese melts.
- serve hot.
- P.S. people who like spice may like to add some red chilly flakes and hot sauce on top while eating.