Recipe by mary winecoff
This makes a great weekday meal. Serve over rice or noodles. I use a whole chicken cut up into pieces when I make this but I am sure that your favorite pieces could be substituted.
Top Review by Susie D
This really is a nice recipe and I enjoyed that it was stovetop with a reduced cooking time. (It is HOT here.) After reading the other reviews I did reduce the cayenne by half and thought it was plenty. Made for ZWT4.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens, 3 to 4 pounds, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium green bell peppers, halved and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add to skillet with onions and garlic and saute until chicken is browned and onions are soft, turning chicken once, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and ground red pepper.
- Combine tomato paste and water and slowly stir into skillet.
- Add bell peppers; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.