Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From dlife.com. It may be possible to substitute margarine with applesauce although I haven't tried it yet; if that works please do let me know. =) Can be easily made vegetarian/vegan friendly by replacing milk with soy/almond/rice milk.
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 cups uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup light margarine spread, melted
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, let stand for 5 minutes so oats absorb moisture.
- Drop dough by tablespoons (should make 36) onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- It is possible to substitute margarine spread with oil or clarified butter.
- Feel free to experiment with other extracts. Walnut works well.
I just made this for my vegan friends. i used apple sauce and a bit of canola oil instead of margarine. And I used currants instead of raisins. They were such a hit!!! Everyone loved them. I would recommend doubling the recipe because the batch only made small cookies and only about 26 cookies. They are a healthy guilt-free snack:)