Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is so simple and SO delicious! I was trying to find a way to make a desert with the few ingredients I had on hand and this is what I came up with. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk (to make the pudding)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned strawberries in syrup
- 30 saltine crackers
- In small mixing bowl combine pudding mix and 2 cups milk (or what the pudding recipe calls for.) Stir until it thickens, then set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 cup milk, sugar, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add the pudding to the cream cheese mix and blend.
- In pie dish, crumble crackers to coat the bottom and make a nice crust.
- Pour pudding/cream cheese mixture into the pie dish and use a spatula to level the mix.
- Arrange the strawberries around the top of the pie. Drizzle a small amount of the light syrup on top.
- Place in the freezer for about 5 hours.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar. I also didn't make the crust. We thought this had a good taste to it but I didn't think it had much of a cheesecake taste. It was very simple to make with ingredients I had on hand.