Recipe by ~Leslie~
My family and friends just love this recipe! It's easy, delicious, and you make it the night before so there is no work in the morning. Just pop it in the oven and by the time the table is set and coffee is on, it's ready! I believe this recipe came from the Best of Bridge cookbook. Great served with fresh fruit or yogurt. Can also be cooked in casserole dish on the barbeque so you don't heat up your house on a hot day!
Top Review by Retro Kali
I won't rate a recipe on opinion, since there is nothing wrong with the recipe in itself. We thought it was disgusting. The cream cheese, and egg sort of made a congealed mess that honestly made me gag. Thanks anyway.
- 6 cups white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half the bread into the bottom of a greased 9 x 11 pan.
- Dot cubed cheese on top.
- Cover with the rest of the bread.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes in the morning.
- Drizzle with more syrup over top when finished baking.
- Serve while hot.
- Another variation is to add a layer of your favourite fresh fruit.
- (peaches, blueberries, apples)on top the first layer of bread cubes.