Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy to put together
Make and share this Easy New England Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Return bacon fat to saucepan.
- Add potatoes, carrot, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to potato mixture.
- Stir in clams with juice, milk, water, salt, bacon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.
this was horrible!! ended up throwing away the whole pot!!
This soup tasted GREAT and couldn't be easier. Although, I cheated big time because I came home late from my daughters game and didn't have alot of time to get dinner on the table. I used Hormel crumbled bacon, 1 can of diced potatoes, no carrots and celery salt. Next time I will use all the correct ingredients to see how different it is. Thanks Tish for a great recipe!
Tish, this is terrific! It's so thick and flavorful. I added the water and clam juice in the beginning to cook/soften the vegetables in. I used 3 tbsp of cornstarch in place of the flour, simply because it dissolves better in cold milk. Thanx for a great new clam chowder recipe!