1/1 Photo of Easy New England Clam Chowder
Easy to put together
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- 2Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- 3Return bacon fat to saucepan.
- 4Add potatoes, carrot, onion and celery.
- 5Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 6Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to potato mixture.
- 7Stir in clams with juice, milk, water, salt, bacon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy New England Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.0
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 87.4 mg
- Sodium 616.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 35.0 g