Easy to put together
Make and share this Easy New England Clam Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium heat until crisp; drain.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
- Return bacon fat to saucepan.
- Add potatoes, carrot, onion and celery.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 7 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine evaporated milk and flour in small bowl until blended; add to potato mixture.
- Stir in clams with juice, milk, water, salt, bacon, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until creamy and slightly thick.