1/1 Photo of Easy Mushroom and Cheese Frittata
Frittata is an Italian version of an omelet that has the vegetables mixed in with the eggs and since it is not folded but served open face, it is easier to handle. It may be baked in oven or cooked on top of stove and served any time of day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 eggs
- 59.14 ml 2% low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 118.29 ml red pepper, diced
- 226.79 g sliced small mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml minced parsley (optional)
- 177.44 ml shredded provolone cheese, Swiss or 177.44 ml jarlsberg cheese
- 1In a large bowl or measuring cup whisk eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, sage and pepper together until well mixed, set aside. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- 2In a 10”(25 cm) non–stick skillet heat oil over medium– high heat; sauté onion and red pepper 2–3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms and sauté 4–5 minutes or until lightly browned; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Pour egg mixture into skillet mixing lightly to incorporate mushrooms; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Bake in oven about 12–15 minutes or until just set in the centre and no longer moist on top. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese. Loosen around the edges with a rubber spatula and slide out onto serving plate. Cut in wedges to serve. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 3Variation: Instead of cooking the frittata in oven it may be cooked on top of stove over medium– low heat; lifting outer edges of omelet to allow uncooked portion to run underneath, then cover and cook until just set. Turn off heat. Sprinkle with cheese and cover to melt cheese.
- 4Tip: Substitute 4 eggs and 4 egg whites for the 8 eggs to lower fat.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Mushroom and Cheese Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.9
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 395.8 mg
- Sodium 464.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.6 g