Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
So nice you'll try it twice.
- 6 lbs moose rump roast
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- Trim off all excess fat and rub roast all over with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Slice onion and lay in bottom of roasting pan.
- Pour two tablespoons of worcestershire over onions.
- Place roast on onion slices.
- Pour rest of worcestershire sauce over roast.
- Add wine and water.
- Seal roasting pan with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, adding water as necessary to keep moist.
- When roast is done, remove from pan.
- To make gravy, add 2 cups water to contents of roasting pan.
- Bring to boil and scrape bottom of pan.
- Mix 3 tsps corn starch with 1/2 cup water and pour into pan, stirring constantly, until gravy is bubbling.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Very good. Moist and tender and full of flavour. This is a keeper. I had never cooked Moose before but was told that it could be quite dry. Not so with this recipe. Thank you!