5 hrs 15 mins
I made this ham for Christmas this year. It was delicious! It's very easy to do and my family loved the crunchiness of the crust baked on it. It was very moist. I watched for hams to go on sale and bought a spiral cut 1/2 ham since we only have 5 people (adults). We had enough for leftover sandwiches and then I made a pea soup too!
My Private Note
Large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Foil line a lipped baking sheet.
- 2Place the ham with the large side down on the foil.
- 3Mix the applesauce, brown sugar and mustard in a bowl and then use your hands to cover the ham all the way around.
- 4Cover ham with foil.
- 5Put it into a 350 degree oven at 350 degrees for 14 minutes per pound.
- 6After it's done cooking (about an hour for a 4 lb ham), take off the foil and use your hands to cover the ham again in the sauce. Lather it on their well to create a crust.
- 7Bake some more until the crust is crispy.
- 8When done, let the ham rest for about 1/2 an hour.
- 9Then spoon the pan drippings in between the slices for more goodly sweetness.
- 10Serve while warm --I served it with cheesy mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives and cheese and brocolli. (My family are cheese-aholics).
- 11Served with some warned up buns from the baker and sweet cream salted butter.
- 13Save the leftovers for ham sandwiches (I just left it in the fridge and people made what they wanted with leftover ham and rolls.).
- 14Take the end part of the ham and put it in a big (like a tamale pan) pot, add carrotts, onions, peas and chicken stock to cover. Add some spices that you like (I put in some ginger and salsa--Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper). We ate that with rolls for Christmas dinner after going to the movies all day.
- 15So, three meals in one ham! Total cost for all three meals for 5 people was less than $10. Including purchasing all the ingredients (except spices, carrots and onions I had on hand).
- 16This'd be a great Easter recipe too!
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Moist Ham
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spiral cut ham