Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
sounds really good! Right? 8)
Top Review by Sparkling
This recipe worked GREAT to make some home-made Turtle bars. It was just the right consistency. I buttered a glass pan, covered the bottom in pecans, poured the hot caramel over them, and then topped them with chocolate chips. The hot caramel melted the chips. I spread them out and let it cool. Wonderful!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the sugar with syrup in 1 cup of milk.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Then cook to 246-248 or firm ball stage.
- Stir occasionally, slowly adding the 2nd cup of milk.
- Repeat cooking process.
- Add remaining milk, butter & salt.
- Cook to 246-248 (until a ball in cold water is firm as desired for firmness in caramels). Remove from heat; add in the vanilla extract.
- Immediately pour into a buttered pan.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.