Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I was given this recipe from my multi-faceted manager, Linda Mitchell as a quick, easy, filling & delicious dish. I don’t eat Pork or Beef, however when I prepare this dish for my Grandmother (Ma), I use a ½ and ½ mixture of ground Turkey and ground Chuck as well as Onion & Garlic powder. You can’t tell it has any ground Turkey in it at all! This simple recipe for meat pie turns out a hit every time!!
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup dried onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) cancampbell's condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix your choice of ground meat, dried onions, garlic powder and onion powder thoroughly.
- In a skillet, heat canola oil on medium-high heat and brown the ground meat mixture, making sure to chop the meat into small pieces while browning until cooked through.
- Drain any excess oil and juices from skillet. Pour the browned meat mixture into a medium bowl. Add ½ can of the Cream of Chicken soup, ½ can of the Cream of Mushroom soup, fresh chopped onions and parsley to the browned meat and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Beat egg until slightly foamy. In a small bowl add small-curd cottage cheese then FOLD the beaten egg into the cottage cheese until blended.
- Remove the 9-inch deep dish pie shell from the freezer. Pour the meat mixture into the pie shell and spread the cottage cheese mixture on top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 50-55 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let pie cool for approximately 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a side of green beans and a fresh, crisp salad. Enjoy!