Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Adapted from Woman's Day, with lighter ingredients. I like to use the baked beans with onions in them(even though there are onions in this recipe too). The amount of mustard is correct - in fact, if you like things a bit zestier, you might even want to add more at the end. This recipe is fairly mild & kid friendly.
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1⁄3 cup sugar-free maple syrup (such as Cary's)
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, sliced into rounds (or any light sausage you can slice)
- 2 medium golden delicious apples or 2 medium yellow apples, peeled,cored and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F and have ready a lightly greased 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients, pour into the pan, and bake uncovered for about 55-60 minues or until the apples are tender.