Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Aunt Debbie who got it from someone else. It is about the easiest mac and cheese to be made. My 4 year old daughter loves this. This is about as easy as you can get. You can add other ingredients after about 45 minutes according to my sister in law. I like it just with cheese.
- 88.74 ml butter
- 453.59 g macaroni, uncooked
- 9.85 ml salt
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 946.36 ml cheddar cheese
- 1892.5 ml skim milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter, salt, and pepper in 13x9 pan. Place in oven to melt butter.
- When butter is melted, add uncooked macaroni. Toss to coat with butter.
- Cover buttered, uncooked macaroni with all of the cheese.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and place on rack in middle of oven. DO THIS BEFORE ADDING MILK. THE PAN WILL BE VERY FULL AFTER NEXT STEP!
- Pour milk over noodles/cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for about 10-15 minutes until set.
I just made this for dinner tonight but reduced the amounts to 6 portions (1/2 recipe) as there are 2 of us on most days. I also reduced the milk a smidge more than 1/2 as other reviewers mentioned. The taste is very good, the colors are lovely, a creamy white interior and a crusty golden top. I used a combo of mozzerella and monteray jack cheese as that is what I had. Because I made only 1/2 the recipe I cut the time down to 40 min with the bell going off at 30 min to check in. SO GLAD I DID! It was done, noodles are just before too soft and the colors of the outer crust/rim in the beginning stage of brown. So I took a taste....Lovely! Creamy taste, just like old fashioned mac and cheese. This is a keeper and next time I will make the full batch as I think this could be great for lunch leftovers for me for a week.
This was awesome! We took it to a potluck and it was one of the first dishes gone. I did add garlic powder and onion flakes to it, which make it taste great. It was easy to make and cant wait to make it again!
Made it yesterday for the football party everyone just loved it . I also had it for breakfast today yummy Thaks