Creamy Mushroom-spinach Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this recipe from an insert in my gas bill! My 2 year old daughter LOVES it and always asks for more - the first time, she ate 5 bowls!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- Saute mushrooms in butter until tender in large saucepan over medium flame.
- Add flour, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually add broth and cream; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Add spinach and heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Forgot to check the pantry/freezer before I made this; just knew I had to use up my mushrooms! Ended up using 2 cans of chicken broth, 1 can of low-fat mushroom soup, and 1/2 cup of milk. Also didn't have spinach, so I substituted canned asparagus spears. Also added 2 cloves of garlic. Delicious! Thanks for the recipe, Meg Fisher!Reply
see 2 more