Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is more of a moderated version of a baking mix banana bread, made with less sugar and the addition of flax seeds for an omega boost! I picked the recipe up off a website somewhere and wrote it down on a note pad. I altered the sugar and honey amounts, and added the flax.
- 2 1⁄2 cups baking mix (bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 bananas, very ripe (almost black on the peel)
- Grease a loaf pan with a margarine butter substitute blend.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, and stir well to combine.
- Pour into loaf pan, bake 55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I usually find quick breads made with baking mix (Bisquick) to be a little dry, but this one is quite moist. The sweetness was just right and really liked the flax seeds, but I would up the amount of cinnamon and maybe add some nutmeg next time. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.