1 hr 10 mins
For those who like lamb and spicy foods this is a simple tasty dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lamb (cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water (use empty soup can)
- 2 cups potatoes (peeled or cubed)
- 1In a skillet heat oil and brown lamb cubes.
- 2Remove lamb from oil and place on paper towels to let the oil drain.
- 3Lower heat of the remaining oil and add the seasonings, stir to blend.
- 4Add lamb back to mixture stirring to coat each piece.
- 5Add soup, water and tomatoes.
- 6Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add potatoes and stir to coat.
- 8Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- 9I serve this in a bowl with a green leaf salad and fresh biscuits or homemade bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (1622 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.3
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 1014.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 29.2 g