Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
For those who like lamb and spicy foods this is a simple tasty dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb (cut into cubes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresh if possible)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water (use empty soup can)
- 2 cups potatoes (peeled or cubed)
- In a skillet heat oil and brown lamb cubes.
- Remove lamb from oil and place on paper towels to let the oil drain.
- Lower heat of the remaining oil and add the seasonings, stir to blend.
- Add lamb back to mixture stirring to coat each piece.
- Add soup, water and tomatoes.
- Cover and let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes (or until potatoes are tender).
- I serve this in a bowl with a green leaf salad and fresh biscuits or homemade bread.