Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sauerkraut, topped with kielbasa, swiss cheese and buttermilk biscuits. Rinsing mellows the sauerkraut. A mayonnaise-horseradish sauce gives it a zippy new flavor that blends well with the sausage and cheese.
- 1 (13 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine sauerkraut, mayonnaise and horseradish and spread in the bottom of an 8x8-inch greased casserole.
- Add kielbasa, top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Place biscuits on top and bake 13-15 minutes more.
Made this for dinner tonight. My husband went on and on about how good it was. When he found out where I got the recipe, he said, "you've got to go give it a rating now!" Great recipe, very tasty and very easy. I used sweet sauerkraut, so I didn't bother to rinse it. Baked it in 9X13 pan.
Made this the other night for 2 people. Cut all ingredients in half and baked in a loaf pan for 10 minutes. Because I have never found buttermilk biscuits in Canada,I used country biscuits sprinkled with caraway seeds. The taste was very good. The only thing I would change next time, is use half mozzarella and half swiss cheese. THIS IS DEFINITELY A KEEPER.
Well this is a good one! my hubby loves saurkraut and always wants me to make something with it and I never do because I don't like it, but this sounded interesting, well guess what folks.... it is DELICIOUS! you made a believer out of me! Thanks for such a good recipe!