Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a gelatin dessert that is good and a staple on our holiday table. It isn't Christmas without it! Kids and adults alike will keep coming back for more.
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry-banana gelatin
- 1 medium banana (peeled and sliced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed fruit (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- pecans (optional)
- coconut (optional)
- Mix 1 large box of strawberry-banana jello according to package directions. Let set in the icebox until almost set (jelled), but not quite (about 2 hours).
- Drain can of mixed fruit and add to your jello. Now, peel and slice your banana in your jello and mix.
- Add about 3/4 container of Cool Whip to your jello and fold.
- Return jello mixture to your icebox and let it finish setting up.
- If you mess up and your jello sets up all the way, just microwave for about 1 minute or leave at room temperature until it begins to soften and then add your mixed fruit, etc. You cannot mess this up!
I made this for Thanksgiving for my boys and it was yummy! I didnt change a thing from the recipe. Will be making this again real soon :) !
I made this for a church function and got rave reviews. I used canned pineapple in place of the mixed fruit in one batch. I didn't use the pecans or coconut.