Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful pasta dish made with two of my favorites, asparagus and mascarpone.
Make and share this Easy Italian Mac recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pata water.
- cut asparagus into 1 inch peices, disgaurding woody ends.
- in a large skillet saute asparagus in butter an oil for 5-6 minutes.
- add shallots and garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- add pasta and mascarpone and reserved pasta water, stir to combine.
- stir in mozzarella, parmesan, and peas.
- season with salt and pepper.
What a wonderful surprise this reicpe turned out to be. I am glad I doubled it as it was very flavorful and a great way to get my better half to eat some veggies...made for PAC fall 2011