Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Had this recipe saved for quite a while and has become a standard in our rotation of chicken dinner preparations I find it simple , loaded with great taste and easy to make. Hope you try it and find it that way too. Note--This works with chicken thighs or breasts (with skin or skinless & boneless ) or even a quartered chicken
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried dill (or 2 tbs of chopped fresh dill )
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) whole chickens (quartered..see note above )
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Stir dill and orange marmalade into the honey mustard misture in the bowl. ( Note - if you wish you can substitute 1 tsp of grated orange peel for the marmalade )
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place chicken skin-side down on lined baking sheet. Brush sauce on top of chicken; Coat well.
- Turn chicken over. Gently pull back skin and brush meat with sauce.Gently pull skin back over sauce. Brush skin with remaining sauce.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until juices run clear from thickest part of chicken.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Note - Here's a preparation trick I use to make it easy to measure out honey or mustard Coat measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray before putting in either honey or mustard. You will find the honey and mustard willl not stick to the measuring cup and make it easy to add it to the mixture.