Recipe by Tish
This is so quick and easy. I love it when you can cook a good dinner and still be able to spend some time with the family!
Top Review by Ann Cecile
This recipe is fantastic. Since I had an excellent ham carbonara while in Germany ten years ago, I have been looking for something that came close. This one did! I am inspired to try it with variations such as olive oil instead of vegetable oil. Also, I had a one pound box of angel hair pasta so I doubled the recipe because it seemed like alot of pasta to combine to the single recipe. My suggestion that might make it even better is lighter on the oil and margarine and use more broth. If you want to get really fancy, fresh parmasan and baby peas would be very tasty. One last thing - the fresh parsley made it taste very fresh. Very easy and pleasing for the whole family.
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed, fully cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta.
- In a skillet, saute the onion in oil.
- Add the ham, broth and margarine and heat through.
- Add drained pasta to ham mixture.
- Pour in egg yolks and cook until the eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese and toss to coat.