- 1 (12 ounce) packagepre-washed mixed salad greens (preferably chopped romaine, baby romaine or hearts of romaine)
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, quartered and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
For the dressing
- 1⁄4 cup greek olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, halved olives, half the feta and parsley to a large bowl.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad in the bowl, and toss. Just before serving, top with the rest of the feta, add some freshly ground black pepper, and sprinkle with the lemon juice. Serve.