Found this in among my torn from magazines recipes. I served it with a mix of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with cheese sauce and pan fried potato slices. Would also go well with a simple tossed green salad and tomatoes.
- Pre heat the oven to 180'C/350'F.
- Mix together until well combined the butter, basil and garlic.
- Cut a deep cut along each chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Fill pockets with the butter mixture, pressing in well.
- Carefully dip each breast into the beaten egg and then into the dried breadcrumbs, pressing on well.
- You can now either leave on a flat plate in fridge for 20 mins or longer to set crumbs or cook straight away depending on what time you have.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan over medium high heat and fry the chicken breasts for 2-3 mins each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place in a baking paper lined shallow baking dish and bake in oven for about 10 mins until cooked through.
This recipe was super easy and turned out excellent! This was my first attempt at stuffed kitchen breast and you made me look like an expert. My BF was really impressed. I used margarine and garlic though. Also, I used a toothpick to keep the breast closed, just had to remember to take it out before eating! I think this helped keep all the juices even more. Thanks so much!
Yum! Delicious and easy. Had all the ingredients on hand so I chose this simple recipe and it did not disappoint! I increased the baking time to 20 minutes. I had the oven at 350 and the chicken was moist and flavorful. Thanks for a recipe that is delicious and that I think I can make a hundred variations of!
Very nice, very tasty! I used breadcrumbs from a multigrain bread (rather than purchasing them) That, along with the garlic & basil made this chicken dish OUTSTANDING! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my teammates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #18]