Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't like to bake but will make a pie using this recipe .... occasionally.
- 1 (15 ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box (I like Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 (21 ounce) cansfruit pie filling
- Heat oven to 425°F Use a 9-inch glass pie plate and make pie crusts as directed on box for two-crust pie.
- Pour pie filling into crust-lined plate. Top with second crust; seal edge and press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Brush top crust with milk; sprinkle with sugar. Cut several two inch slits on top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. After 15 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving.