Any Fruit Cobbler Pie
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick (or baking mix)
- 2 cans fruit (with juice) or 7 cups fruit (with juice)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Put margarine or butter in 15 x 9-inch pan.
- Put pan in oven until butter melts.
- Add sugar and mix in pan with butter.
- Add Bisquick in same pan.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Pour fruit over the Bisquick.
- Do not mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a DREAM of a recipe - you mix, bake and serve in ONE dish - how easy is that?!! VERY easy and the bisquick cake type cobbler pie crust at the bottom was LIGHT and fluffy - see my photos of the served dessert! I used 5 cups of fresh fruit from my garden - blackcurrants, raspberries and strawberries - then added a banana and a couple of kiwi fruits chopped up - so about 6 cups of fruit in the end. We enjoyed this served at room temperature with whipped chantilly cream - delicious! Made for the Pie, Tart and Cobbler Photo Forum event in July 2008 - ON my dessert list now for an easy and comforting dish to serve! Thanks! FT:-)
I made this today for DH he loved it!! I used 2 cups of rhubarb and 5 cups of frozen fresh strawberries. I didn't adjust any of the sugar...because he prefers his fruit desserts a little tart. It took a little longer baking time (probably because I used frozen fruit)...It came out looking beautiful! It would be great(for normal people) with ice cream (DH prefers plain) Thank you Tonkcats for such an easy and GOOD recipe!! (I can't wait for fresh peaches...) Katie