Recipe by LoveToBake67
I found this in a Kraft cooking magazine. It is so easy and quick to prepare,and the taste is wonderful. I have made it with cherry pie filling, but next time I will use Blueberry pie filling.
Top Review by Ms. Mother Earth
I also found this recipe in the Kraft cooking magazine, and thought it sounded wonderful and so easy. I was making it to send with my husband to work and didn't after I tasted it. Made exactly as the recipe stated--the cake rose too high for a coffee cake and just wasn't that good. Sorry to give a "fair" review LoveToBake67 but this one just didn't fly for us. Not bad, but I wouldn't waste the ingredients again.
- 510.29 g package white cake mix (2 layer size )
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 59.14 ml water
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling (optional can sub Blueberry, Apple or Strawberry pie filling)
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 22.18 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended.
- Pour into greased and floured13x9 inch pan; top with spoonfulls of pie filling.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with nuts, let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix sugar and milk: drizzle over cake.
- Cool completely.
- Note: If glaze is too thick, add a little more milk until it is thin enough to drizzle.