Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nothing comforts like cobbler. YTumy warm cherry cobbler, with creamy vanilla ice cream, can't be beat. On this version, you simply top the cobbler with white bread slices ( I know it sounds odd, but trust me) and then drizzle with butter, to make a yummy crust. You can also do this recipe as Peach cobbler, or a berry cobbler, substituting 2 packages frozen peaches, or blueberries, strawberries, etc..
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted sweet dark cherries in heavy syrup, drained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Stir together pie filling, cherries, and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir in almond extract. Place in a lightly greased 8 inch sqaure baking dish.
- Trim crusts from bread slices, cut each slice into 5 strips, arrange bread strips over fruit mixture.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, and next 3 ingredients, drizzle over bread strips.
- Bake at 350F for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.