Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a healthy, delicious way to make meatloaf.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slice whole wheat bread (to use as breadcrumbs)
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup tomato ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a nonstick or silicone muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crumble ground beef into a large bowl.
- Add shredded carrots, chopped onion, and green pepper.
- Add chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and the breadcrumbs. Stir with a fork. Add egg whites and stir again with a fork until well blended. You can knead the mixture with your hands but sometimes this makes the meat overly tough.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan, and top each cup with ketchup. Bake for 25 minutes, making sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serves 6.