Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a different way to cook pork chops that is really easy and extremely yummy. Adapted from a Nigella Lawson recipe
- 2 (453.59 g) pork chops
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml mustard (can use any good mustard)
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml cooking oil (for frying)
- Trim the fat off the pork chops.
- Lay the chops between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and, using a mallet or a rolling pin beat them until their thickness is reduced by half.
- Beat the egg and place in shallow wide bowl.
- Add the mustard, oregano, thyme,salt and pepper.
- On a large plate, combine the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan.
- Press each of the pork chops into the egg mixture, coating both sides.
- Then put the chops into the bread crumbs, covering them evenly.
- Place them on a cooling rack to dry slightly while you heat the oil in a large frying pan until it sizzles if water is dripped into it.
- Cook the pork chops until they are a deep golden color, about 5 to 7 minutes on each side (depending on how thin they are).
Very good. I soaked them in salted milk first (got that from Brady Bunch Pork Chops). I would add some more cheese next time. I like the Parmesan taste. I used this for 6 chops and it worked fine. I didn't need more egg or crumbs. Thanks!
Great recipe. I added more mustard and also added grated mature cheddar cheese to the parmesan and breadcrumbs. The only reason I added more cheese was because I didn't have enough Parmesan. Thanks for sharing.