Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can make a pot roast using this same recipe. This is delicious!
Top Review by Stephi9513
This was a VERY easy recipt to put together and tasted fabulous. The only thing I would do differently next time is cook on low for the full 8-10 hours; we were short on time and cooked on high for 4 hours and the meat wasn't quite tender enough. Great recipe, I look forward to making it again!
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the brisket with salt and pepper all over and place in the crock pot (you can brown the brisket in oil first if desired).
- Sprinkle the onions on top and around the brisket.
- In a bowl mix together all remaining ingredients and then pour over the brisket.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until brisket is tender, turning the brisket over halfway through and season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Remove the brisket to a carving board, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice the brisket across the grain into thin slices.
- Skim off any fat from the sauce in the crock pot and serve with beef.