Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is easy and delicious and can easily be doubled
Make and share this Easy Creamy Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup cooked wide egg noodles (can use a bit more)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cubed Velveeta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 10)
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese together, then add in the butter and butter; mix to combine, then sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
Very good! I did not use the carrot because I did not have one on hand, but it still tasted fantastic! I will cook for less than 45 minutes next time since some of the noodles on the edges came out chewy from being overcooked.
Now this is comfort food at its best! We love corn casseroles but never had it with noodles and velveeta cheese before...who would have thought?!?! What a great change-of-pace from the usual corn casseroles. This is a keeper, Kittencal, can't wait to make it again.
Made for the KITTENCAL cook-a-thon in memory of her beloved husband.