Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Make this condiment in only 15 minutes in your microwave when you're looking for something slightly different to serve with your holiday meal.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 pinch grated tangerine zest
- 2 tangerines, segmented, halved
- 1⁄4 granny smith apple, pared, cored, grated
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine cranberries and the water in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover with waxed paper and microwave on High power for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and microwave covered 2 minutes longer. Let cool to room temperature.
This was simple and delicious. I used defrosted cranberries, and a small navel orange in place of the tangerine. I found the onion to be very dominant - with the short cooking time it doesn't mellow, so I would cut it back a bit. I did cook the completed relish for an extra minute, the texture is really nice, soft but slightly chunky and the sweetness level was just right. Made for PRMRT.