Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe starts with a can of cranberry sauce which makes this the easy part. You can serve this on crackers, turkey sandwiches or as a side to poultry dishes.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 large delicious apple, diced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook on high, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour mixture into jars or bowl and refrigerate.
Made this just in time to share with several overnight guests who also love the taste of cranberries! This does make for a great tasting 'sauce!' I did use 2 Fuji apples instead of the red delicious, & diced the celery quite small! Will definitely be making this again during the end-of-year holidays (& probably even before that)! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]