Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Zippy, healthy, a real crowd pleaser! A great alternative to the standard guacamole or salsa and chips! There are a zillion variations on this but we all like to add our own twist, so here's mine.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 large avocado, cubed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Rinse and drain the corn and beans.
- Put salsa, corn, and 3/4 of each can of beans into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add avocado, parsley and green onions, mix in gently so the avocados don't get mashed.
- Serve with salty corn chips, scoop shape is best.
This is a GREAT TASTY HEALTHY recipe! I used Pace mild chunky salsa. I subbed cilantro for the parsley and added 1T of fresh lemon juice and garlic salt and black pepper to taste. We enjoyed this wrapped up in whole wheat tortillas with a little bit of shredded cheese and neufchatel or sour cream. YUM! Freddy Cat says it was nice visiting you!
I scaled this down alot and used only black beans. I'm not sure if I got the quantities right but there seems to be room for error. It's even better with a squirt of lime juice.
nice change from salsa, my husband wasn't sure about the cold beans and corn combo. I ate most of this and did enjoy. Will make again when we have a party and rate again with new feedback.