This is my variation of Cowboy Caviar. My mother got it from a friend, and passed it on to me (thanks, Mom!). It is a favorite with my side of the family, and my in-laws enjoy it very well, too. It makes a pretty big batch, but you'll be surprised at how quickly it vanishes! Avocado will turn brown, so don't make this too far in advance.
- Ready In:
- 1 (11 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- tortilla chips (I prefer Tostitos Scoops)
- Combine all ingredients (except chips) and toss together gently.
- Serve room temperature with tortilla chips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice change from salsa for sure. I also made it up ahead of time, adding the avocado just before serving. People really enjoyed this at a BBQ we had. I felt the flavour was a little heavy on the vinegar side, needed a little something extra so I added some mexican chili powder and think lime would have been a great idea - will do that next time. Thanks for introducing me to "Cowboy Caviar"!Reply