Recipe by racrgal
I've had this recipe more years than I care to admit. It always gets compliments. It's one of my favorites because usually all of the ingredients are onhand. This cake is great warm from the oven or cooled.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
This was a good coffee cake. I was glad to have all the ingredients on hand! It was wonderful just out of the oven. It got a bit dense sitting overnight though. The streusel stopping is tasty. My kids enjoyed it a lot.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Spread into greased 13" X 9" pan.
- Combine topping ingredients until mixture resembles small crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.