Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is off of a sample card I received in the mail. It's a great way to make cinnamon french toast without using cinnamon bread. Easy enough to make any day of the week and they feeze well.
- Beat eggs with wire whisk until foamy.
- Add milk, cinnamon and vanilla; Beat well.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. You can also use a griddle set at 375.
- Dip bread into batter and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Whisk the batter before you dip each slice to distribute the cinnamon.
- These can be made low fat by replacing the eggs with 4 whites or 1/2 cup egg substitute and using fat free milk. I usually double the recipe and refrigerate (up to a week) or freeze (2 months) the leftovers.
don't know if anyone else had any problems with this but i did. this only made enough batter for me to make 3 slices, not 6 like it said it would.
this is how i have always made my french toast and everyone always loves it