Recipe by Pets'R'us
Nicer then the paste from a jar! Can also be completely baked on the barbecue, but be careful with the heat! The marinade can also be used for fish, large prawns or lobster, but leave out the chilli powder and halve the amount of garlic.
Top Review by HEP MEP
Boy, Oh Boy! A new, great taste sensation! Followed it to the letter, except the veggies were on the side, in the form of salad. I was a little afraid that my "Family Unit" would not be thrilled, but it went over great. Chicken breasts were very tasty and moist, and the lemon sure is a plus!You cut it and ...use it. Thank you, Ms. Pets. I look forward to trying a few more of your recipes. MEP
- 3 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- orange food coloring (optional)
- 6 fluid ounces yoghurt
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- shredded lettuce
- thinly sliced red onion ring
- cucumber, cubes
- lemon wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Make several cuts in the chicken meat up to the bone, Rub in the lemon juice and the salt,leave for ca.
- 30 minute Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, rub it into the chicken, cover and put in the fridge for a day.
- Next day, preheat your oven to 400F, put chicken in a baking dish/tin, bake 15 minutes meat side up, 15 minutes meat side down and finish the cooking under a medium grill for about 10 minutes.
- On a large plate arrange the lettuce, onion and cucumber, place the chicken on top with the lemon wedges.
- Serve with your favourite Indian bread and a bowl of yogurt-chutney.